How has Litify adjusted to a remote work environment? Litify leaders discuss the transition to working from home and how that has affected how they lead, work, and engage with clients and colleagues.
Hear from Director of Product Pam Wickersham, Director of People Operations Katherine He, Director of Strategic Accounts Sheri Flood, Technical Project Manager Elise Otalora, and Events Manager Laura Dohrmann.
Leading Remotely Successfully
In such an unpredictable environment, work can be help contribute to employees’ sense of normalcy, even if it is at home, Pam Wickersham noted.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Informal virtual check-ins: In lieu of saying “hi” as you walk by a colleague’s desk, send them a quick note in the morning on your internal messaging platform of choice. For Litify, that’s Slack.
- Catch up on virtual meetings: Since we can no longer chat with colleagues in the kitchen or around the office, it’s important to make time to build those connections with one another. At the beginning of each meeting, take a few minutes to ask how everyone is doing (cameras on!)
- Overcommunicate: During this stressful time, it’s important to make sure that everyone feels like they are in the loop and know what’s going on. Katherine He suggests communicating more than you think you should in order to achieve that.
Communicating with Clients During Unprecedented Times
Even if your business has been able to move remotely without any issues, it’s still important that you spend extra time communicating with clients to instill confidence in your ability to serve them.
Sheri Flood and Elise Otalora, who interact with Litify’s clients every day, had these tips to share:
- Reach out to each client: If you haven’t already done so, it’s important to check in with each client and make sure they are doing OK. See if there’s anything you can do to assist them
- Show them that progress is being made: For Elise Otalora, that means showing clients what Litify is actively building for them and explaining how progress is being made
- It’s a partnership: If you’re successful, then so is your client. It’s particularly important now to reassure clients of this at this time. Let them know that you’re in it together
Maintaining Company Culture From Home
Just because employees are no longer in the office, doesn’t mean that you can stop building company culture. If anything, it’s more important now than ever before.
Litify prides itself on following Salesforces’ example of “doing well by doing good.” Charitable giving is embedded in our culture, as is maintaining an open, inclusive environment so that every employee feels like they can succeed.
Here are a few ways Litify helps employees connect with each other and the community:
- Donut app chats: An easy way to connect remote employees, Donut integrates with Slack and randomly pairs two employees in the company together to meet one-on-one. It’s a great way to break down silos!
- Women in Tech: In order to actively fight back against some of the barriers that women in the technology industry face, Litify has its own Women in Tech group that every female employee participates in. In addition to monthly meetings and mentorship, the group hosts an annual breakfast for members.
- Women in Leadership: In collaboration with Esquire Bank, Litify is co-hosting a few women in leadership events throughout the country, offering a chance for female legal industry leaders to network and learn from one another.
- Litify.org community service: The philanthropic arm of Litify, Litify.org gives back to the community in multiple ways, one of which is company-wide community service. In addition to our annual day of service on September 11th, Litify hosts community service events throughout the year for employees to partake in, including a virtual letter-writing campaign on April 22!
- Individual volunteering: A member of the Pledge 1% initiative, Litify encourages employees to spend one percent of their time to volunteer for a cause that they are passionate about, like Girls Who Code.
Don’t miss any of our upcoming LitiCast episodes! Keep an eye on our website for the latest live-streamed event.